Temporary Sales Assistant - Job Description
We are looking to grow our team with people who share our energy and passion!
A sales assistants’ daily duties include but not limited to:
- Greeting customers who enter the shop.
- Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for.
- Giving advice and guidance on products and sizes to customers.
- Answering queries from customers.
- Responsible for processing cash and card payments.
- Dealing with customer returns and exchanges.
- Stocking shelves with merchandise.
- Conduct regular stock takes.
- Receiving and storing any delivery of stock
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor.
- Keeping the store tidy and clean, this may include hoovering and dusting.
- Attaching price tags to merchandise on the shop floor.
- Keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays
- Answering the phone, dealing with queries, book fittings and taking messages.
The personal skills that are required for the job:
- Having a friendly and engaging personality.
- Comfortable working with members of the public.
- Computer literate and confident with Microsoft Office programs
- Should have a confident manner.
- Must be helpful and polite.
- Assistants should be physically fit as they may be on their feet for most of the day and may be required to lift boxes of stock.
- Ideally have a comprehensive understanding of the retail environment
- Ideally have experience working with children.
- Able to work as part of a sales team.
- Should be of a smart appearance and articulate.
Hours: Flexible (Monday - Saturday, 9am to 6pm)
Location: East Tilbury/Linford
If you are interested in the above position, please email your CV and a covering letter with your hours of availability to Niki at firstname.lastname@example.org.