Temporary Stockroom Assistant - Job Description
We are looking to grow our team with people who share our energy and passion!
This role would best suit a school leaver, college/university student.
Candidates would be expected to work during half term and throughout the 6 week summer holidays. Shift would include working on Saturdays.A Stockroom assistants’ daily duties include but not limited to:
- Greeting customers.
- Picking and Packing all orders
- Stocking shelves with merchandise.
- Conduct regular stock takes.
- Receiving and storing any delivery of stock
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor.
- Keeping the store and stock room tidy and clean, this includes hoovering, dusting and emptying bins.
- Keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays
The personal skills that are required for the job:
- Having a friendly and engaging personality.
- Comfortable working with members of the public.
- Computer literate and confident with Microsoft Office programs
- Should have a confident manner.
- Must be helpful and polite.
- Assistants should be physically fit as they may be on their feet for most of the day and may be required to lift boxes of stock.
- Ideally have a comprehensive understanding of the retail environment
- Ideally have experience working with children.
- Able to work as part of a sales team.
- Should be of a smart appearance and articulate.
Hours: Flexible (Monday - Saturday, 9am to 6pm)
Location: East Tilbury/Linford
If you are interested in the above position, please email your CV and a covering letter with your hours of availability to Niki at email@example.com.